Sansum Diabetes Research Institute

The latest news on COVID-19

Understanding the benefits of vaccination

Understanding the benefits of vaccination

The news, including social media, often includes more opinion than truth. This makes it hard for people to accurately understand the benefits of vaccination and how the pandemic is evolving. Today,...

read more
New COVID guidance for schools

New COVID guidance for schools

The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges for children and their education. We know that there is a lot of misinformation. As a result, many parents are unsure of the best and most...

read more
Planning for the holidays with COVID

Planning for the holidays with COVID

One of the key features of the holiday season is the coming together of families. Often, family members live long distances apart for the rest of the year. We know that, in general, viruses that...

read more
Booster shots save lives for older people

Booster shots save lives for older people

The emergence of the delta variant of COVID-19 and the reduced effectiveness over time of the two-shot Pfizer vaccine led to a resurgence of COVID cases in populations that had been vaccinated...

read more
Benefits of vaccine third dose

Benefits of vaccine third dose

The main benefit from COVID vaccines is the prevention of serious disease. Overall, about 95% of people getting vaccinated will directly benefit. This leaves 5% of vaccinated people who will remain...

read more
Pills to treat COVID

Pills to treat COVID

Two new drugs have been developed for acute COVID infection. The new drugs are Molnupiravir (Lagevrio) and Paxlovid. In clinical trials, people most at risk from the serious effects of COVID were...

read more
Natural immunity and COVID vaccination

Natural immunity and COVID vaccination

Infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 creates a strong immune response. This is called natural immunity. If someone has had COVID and then receives a vaccine later, this is called “hybrid...

read more
Chemicals in the environment causing obesity

Chemicals in the environment causing obesity

In the United States, Latino/Hispanic children and teens have double the risk of becoming obese compared to White youths. There is no single cause of obesity. However, known risk factors include...

read more
Mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines

Mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines

As we learn more about vaccines against the virus that causes COVID-19, researchers have studied if mixing and matching vaccines can reduce the risk of side effects. For example, there are concerns...

read more

Suscríbase a las noticias sobre diabetes pertinentes a Latinos

Únase a nuestra lista de correo para recibir noticias y actualizaciones


Subscribe to Latino Diabetes News

Join our mailing list to receive Latino Diabetes news and updates

You have successfully subscribed!